Friday, June 03, 2005

Mens mags stasis

Lack of bloggage this week due to a a frankly crazy week. It's always the same after a bank holiday.
Anyway, to my point. I had a long and boring layover at an airport this week. I had no non-work-related reading material with me so I ventured to the newsagent. I saw, prominently displayed, FHM, which I haven't bought since I was 18, 8 years ago. Out of sheer curiosity I bought it and as I read it I thought, you knpow, this isn't as good as it used to be, when we all used to gather around a copy or two in the sixth form commone room and debate the merits of Teri Hatcher, Ferraris and Gillette razors.
Then I realised that it IS as good as it used to be: it hadn't changed AT ALL.
I had.
I felt a sudden jolt - I had grown up, and I'd never even noticed it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home