Friday, March 17, 2006

Igs

Tonight I shall be at the London showing of the 2005 Ig Nobel Tour, although regrettably without my beloved, who is ill. I shall feel suitably guilty about going! Anyway the event is here, and the awards here: my particular favourite out of the 2005 crop is the Economics Award:

ECONOMICS: Gauri Nanda of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, for inventing an alarm clock that runs away and hides, repeatedly, thus ensuring that people DO get out of bed, and thus theoretically adding many productive hours to the workday.


Blogging here may become lighter as I am now collaborating with The Nameless Tory on the UK Democratic Forum, our attempt to derive some sensible policies. Please pop over if you get the chance. As the Nameless One is something of a Luddite I fear the technodrudgery may fall to me; 'twas ever thus that the proles do the backroom work while the moneyed classes do the talking......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home