Monday, August 01, 2005

On Muslim voices

According to this, young Muslims feel the government doesn't listen to them.

Here's a newsflash.

Government doesn't listen to ANYBODY. I'm white, male and Oxbridge educated and do they listen to me? Like hell. So let's not make this a race/faith/culture issue. They do not listen to ANYONE.

I understand a major bone of contention for the Muslim population (and, apparently, the bombers) was Iraq, and the deaths of hundreds of Muslims there once the Americans invaded. I don't recall mass Muslim disenchantment when Saddam was murdering Iraqis before the war. And I say this as someone was who was against the invasion. Is the slaughter of Muslims acceptable when the perpetrators are also Muslims? See here for more on the phenomena of Muslim-on-Muslim murder and chaos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home