Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Squid

Congratulations to these Japanese researchers for not only getting footage of a giant squid (8m, same length as a London bus, factoid fans) but also getting a tissue sample. Sterling stuff - proper derring-do biology. We know more about the surface of the moon than we do about the deep oceans, so let's hope the ALVIN replacements get up and running (well, down and sailing) soon.

I am going to try not get annoyed by anything today, with the help of the Dalai Lama. I have been kindly invited by Jarndyce to submit a rant on The Sharpener so I shall save my vituperation for then! Any suggestions? Current thoughts: the academic boycott of Israeli universities, UK higher education funding, forced marriage, ID cards, locking up pensioners who don’t pay their council tax, scientific illiteracy... ooh, I could go on for hours. Ideas very welcome.

Oh, and, hello, SoulKnitting.

Newsflash: ID card protestors arrested. ID cards to help protect civil liberties? My a*se they will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home