Friday, November 11, 2005

Stuff to do

Over at Perfect.co.uk, there's a great list of stuff we can still do if we haven't yet saved up enough cash to emigrate to Bhutan. WriteToThem is a good way to get in touch with your elected representative. It has proved very effective for me; my MP, Glenda Jackson, as responded on both the occasions I have
used it to contact her.

A glimmer of hope? The parents of a dead Palestinian child, shot by the Israeli army, leave his organs for transplant, and 5 Jewish children receive them. Please let this story be true.
UPDATE: seems it is. More on the story of Ahmed Khatib here.

Hell in a handcart, etc.

I'm off to the home of one of my alma maters (can you have more than one?) this weekend, Canterbury, to meet up with some old mates and take in a game. And I am hoping this one doesn't go too badly either.

At 11am today, please take a minute to remember the fallen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nosemonkey said...

Oh - didn't know Glenda was your MP as well. She's rather top. I almost regret not voting for her.

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home