Thursday, December 15, 2005

More on surviving Christmas...

.... from the wonderfully bitter Michael Kelly, who is a sort of a proto-Chick Yog. Personally I love Christmas - as Michael says, food, drink, family, days off work and girls dressed as elves. And this year, even if all my presents are crap, I will enjoy it because, as opposed to this time last year, I have a *sane* girlfriend and a job I like. And, Doctor Who will be on too. Woo. I am already looking forward to hiding behind the sofa with my nieces.

But there are certain thing that rankle.

Christmas songs.

Good Christmas songs/and or songs that have been number one on December 25th:
Fairytale Of New York
Jingle Bell Rock
Mad World
White Christmas
Another Brick In The Wall
Erm....

Horrific seasonal musical abortions:
Ernie
Long Haired Lover From Liverpool
Mr Blobby
That damn tune by Wizzard
Anything by Cliff bloody Richard

I could go on, but it seems as if midwinter is a time when either a) everyone who usually buys music has a temporary lobotomy or b) stupid people who never usually dent the chart rankings come out en masse and blow their giros on shite that is not worth the plastic it is printed on.


Quote of the day:
“I have the heart of a young boy. I keep it in a jar on my desk.” - Robert Bloch

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantasic quote!

I heard a similar quote, same kind of play on words (although I can't remember who said it):

Somewhere in the world a woman is having a baby every 7 seconds.
She must be found and stopped immediately.

:)

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home