Thursday, June 15, 2006

Forward

A friend of mine sent me an email forward; the sort of thing I thought had died out in 1997. Anyway, it is reproduced below. Italicised text is mine....

> 1. At least 5 people in this world love you so much they would
die
> for you.
Name them.
>
> 2. At least 15 people in this world love you in some way.
Blimey, will they all lend me money?
>
> 3. The only reason anyone would ever hate you is because they
want
> to be just like you.
What about all the people who hate Hitler? Or Tony Blair? Or Michael
Barrymore?

>
> 4. A smile from you can bring happiness to anyone, even if they
> don't like you.
NHS dental work. I rest my case.
>
> 5. Every night, SOMEONE thinks about you before they go to
sleep.
Plotting to kill me, most likely.
>
> 6. You mean the world to someone.
>
> 7. If not for you, someone may not be living.
I have not given birth recently. Unless I have been kdnapped by aliens
in my sleep, and cloned, to create a slave army of genetically modified
Cyber-Welshmen.

Could happen, you know, maybe the aliens need miners or something.

>
> 8. You are special and unique.
And we ALL know what 'special' meant at school... Mmmggguuuuhhh!!!
>
> 9. Someone that you don't even know exists loves you.
Eh?
>
> 10. When you make the biggest mistake ever, something good comes
> from it.
You press the wrong red button, the bomb is launched, a city dissolves
into smoke, worldwide nuclear fallout, war, chaos.

However, the price of holidays abroad drops.

>
> 11. When you think the world has turned its back on you, take a
> look: you most likely turned your back on the world.
The bells! The bells! Esmerelda!
>
> 12. When you think you have no chance of getting what you want,
> you probably won't get it, but if you believe in yourself,
> probably, sooner or later, you will get it.
So, one day I really will have my own volcano island-secret base with a
submarine crewed by blonde teenagers in silver catsuits?

>
> 13. Always remember the compliments you received. Forget about
the
> rude remarks.
Am I allowed to remember the rude remarks I've made? I am especially
fond of the time I called a bloke I know a 'goat-felching rimjobber'.
Very proud of that, it's almost Chaucerian in its poetry.

>
> 14. Always tell someone how you feel about them; you will feel
> much better when they know.
You're nice.

I still need coffee.

>
> 15. If you have a great friend, take the time to let them know
> that they are great.
I did, and Rob asked me if I was drunk, and if I wanted to borrow money.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Nameless Libertarian said...

Oddly enough I really want my own my own volcano island-secret base with a submarine crewed by blonde teenagers in silver catsuits as well. I would specify blone female teenagers in silver catsuits though...

4:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home