Monday, December 11, 2006

Meme

Ten things I would never do, pinched (not tagged) from Misty:

1. Eat marmite. I've scraped more palatable stuff from inside engine blocks. Honestly, what are you people thinking?

2. Give up my residual, hardwired chip-on-shoulder resentment of the Royal family. I mean, that the f*ck is this all about? Who are all the people who voted? Do they *all* watch equestrianism, where, let's face it, the horse is doing most of the work? (insert she-looks-like-a-horse gag here)

3. Buy napkin rings. No, no, no, NOOOO!

4. Get opera. I try, I really do, but I find it hard to suspend disbelief that much. Maybe I haven't seen the right one yet.

5. Buy the Daily Mail.

6. Vote Tory. Even if there was a gun to my head, I think I would find it very hard. Again, probably hardwired. I blame my grandfather. He sat my on his knee when I was no more than five, pointed at the scary woman with the big handbag and the funny man-voice who was on the telly, and said to me, 'That, little Moai, that, is the enemy.'

7. Give up on Wales. Even after things like this, I have kept going, kept hoping. I think it's a form of psychopathy.

8. Embrace a monotheistic religion. I lost all faith in a benevolent, omnipotent god on this day.

9. Read Harry Potter. I've lasted this long, I see no reason to give up my cherished ignorance now. Anyway, I can watch the films at Christmas with a sherry and a chocolate orange like everyone else.

10. Give up blogging *altogether*. Sigh.

4 Comments:

Blogger Colin Campbell said...

I can remember when I had a brief flirtation with Maggie and all she stood for, my Grandparents could hardly talk to me. Their mining and linen factory background was too much for them to comprehend a Tory grandchild. My Grandmother was convinced that Maggie and Ronnie were going to blow up the world together.

3:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NEVER read the Daily Mail. Wise move.

DON'T give up on Wales, tho! We're hustling, honest.

(ps. Marmite Rocks).

3:53 PM  
Blogger ligneus said...

If you can't 'get' opera, why should we give any credibility to your other no nos?
Except for the Harry Potter thing of course.
And have you tried any Mozart operas? Opera really should be seen in live performance.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Gorilla Bananas said...

Are you Welsh? You ought to link No Good Boyo if you are.

5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home